TOUCH DOWN! The playoff game is soon approaching! Why not put your feet up, relax a bit and enjoy some homemade comfort food for the game. Whether you are tailgating, sitting in your living room or going to a local pub, chili is always a good choice for game day festivities. Our residents know, 1 Upland is all about comfort, so come make yourself at home and enjoy one of two fireplaces in the clubhouse and 4 flat screen televisions. Routing for New England’s favorite team this weekend is going to be fun AND delicious!
Total Time: 1 hr 20 min
Prep: 20 min
Cook: 1 hr
Yield: 5 (1-cup) servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped sweet onions
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow bell peppers
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed organic tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (16-ounce) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (recommended: Tabasco)
- 11/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
In a large skillet, saute onions, garlic and bell peppers in olive oil over medium heat until onions are translucent. Add ground turkey and cook until browned.
Add remaining ingredients and stir well to combine. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
Do you have a favorite Gameday recipe to share? Post your tailgating tips to our Facebook page!