Happy Moving Day!
The time has come to move in to your beautiful new apartment at One Upland in Norwood. We know moving can be a stressful event, and we are here to offer some great tips to help make your experience easy so you can settle in and start enjoying your new home and community!
We’ve tested these great ideas and helpful hacks from Buzz Feed‘s Peggy Wang, and we can guarantee that they really work!
- Pack an overnight bag containing all essentials. This way, you won’t be searching for pj’s when you’re ready to collapse into bed that first night.
- Pack the items you need first in a clear plastic bin. We highly recommend a cork screw makes it’s way into this box! Screwdriver, light bulbs, hammer, and toilet paper will all come in handy too.
- Wrap your breakables in (dishes, glasses, etc.) in clothing to save on bubble wrap.
- For extra padding, pack your glasses and stemware in clean socks.
- In addition to labeling what’s in your boxes, add what room they’ll be going into as well.
- Place an extra cotton pad or ball into your powder cosmetics to keep them from breaking.
- Cover the openings of your toiletries with saran wrap, and then put the tops back on.
- Pack plates vertically, like records. They’ll be less likely to break.
- Keep drawers intact by covering them with Press’n Seal. Also great for keeping jewelry in place!
- Keep sandwich bags handy for holding any small parts of things you have to take apart, like curtain rods or mounted flat-screen TVs.
- Beer boxes are the best for books because they have handles on the sides.
- Take a photo of how your electronics are connected so you can remember how and where all the wires go.
- Cut down on boxes by making all of your baskets, laundry bins, hampers, and suitcases work for you.
- Along with food and alcohol, give your friends who help you move first dibs on anything you planned to sell or donate.
- If you do hire movers, be sure to read the fine print and find out if they have any weird rules.
- Change your address at least two weeks prior to moving. USPS.com makes it easy!
- If you own items that you want to get rid of but are too valuable to just give away, start selling on eBay, Etsy, or Craigslist at least six weeks before moving.
- For same-city moves, hire a sitter for the children and pets.