Outdoor living is a hot trend; and here in New England we love to enjoy our seasons. What would summer be without the aroma of burgers and ‘dogs sizzling on the grill! One Upland knows how important it is to our residents to kick back and relax on a warm summer evening, which is why we installed two top of the line gas grills, an outdoor gas fireplace, AND a fire pit!
Our large patio offers plenty of space for entertaining friends, or you can opt to grill up a romantic dinner for two. Additional picnic tables and grills are available by the Tot Lot Park as well as the dog park, so you can keep an eye on your family while you fire up dinner!
Don’t forget, our beautiful pool is open daily after Memorial Day from 10 AM-8 PM, ideal for an after-dinner swim!
Ready to do some chillin’ and grillin’? Check out our favorite recipe for juicy burgers that are guaranteed to earn you the distinction of Top Chef.
Glazed Bacon-and-cheese-filled Burgers
- 3 tbsp. dark brown sugar
- 1½ tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ¼ tsp. chipotle powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. fresh-ground pepper
- 1 lb. ground beef (for a healthy alternative, try ground turkey!)
- ½ c. shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 6 slice bacon
- 4 rolls
- Heat grill to medium. Combine the sugar, spices, salt, and pepper in a small bowl and set aside. Form the beef into 8 equal patties. Toss the cheese and crumbled bacon together and place an equal amount on 4 of the patties.
- Place the remaining patties over the cheese and bacon and pinch the edges to seal. Generously pat each burger with the reserved spice mixture. Grill to desired degree — about 5 minutes per side for medium.
After dinner, experiment with a twist on a classic dessert – the S’MORE! Here at One Upland, we agree that when it comes to creating the perfect s’more, the stickier the better! Let us know your vote for favorite s’more recipe on our Facebook page.